Monday, June 16, 2008

Trying to take advantage of bed rest....

Sooo....it has been WAY too long since I updated our blog. I have been having some trouble with our wireless connection and uploading photos onto blogger, but I will try and do better about posting. First of all I have to update everyone on my week last week. On Saturday I developed a slight bladder infection (I was 26 weeks pregnant, so not really a big deal). On Sunday after waking up, I started to get really sick, and with no warning developed a tremendous pain in my right side. After trying to reach my OB and lying in pain, Aaron rushed me to the ER. Throughout the day I went through tests and a lot of pain, and then went into surgery at 11:30pm to have my appendix removed. My appendix was inflamed, but luckily it had not ruptured. It was a little nerve racking going under anesthesia and being pregnant, but I was able to receive a blessing and my nerves were calmed. I actually started to look forward to just getting knocked out and being out of pain! :) I stayed in the hospital another day and half so I could rest and have the baby monitored. Once I was home, I started to develop this terrible pain in my back on the right side, and over the next two days it became unbearable. I was once again in tremendous pain. I called the OB and was sent back to the hospital to labor and delivery. The next afternoon I had surgery to remove kidney stones that were too large for me to pass, and have a part placed in my bladder that had collapsed...that's how I explain medical issues. :) It was a overall a horrible week and terrible experience. I had several nurses tell me, "In the years I've worked as a nurse I've never seen a pregnant lady have 2 surgeries in one week!" It was a tough week, but I made it through because I have a wonderful, strong husband, an incredible caring and supportive family, near and far, I had comforting priesthood blessings, a great OB and wonderful nurses, doctors, and other medical staff. Oh, and a wonderful little button to push that gave me low doses of morphine! :) I am still having some contractions and am on medication and best rest to stop those, but I think Sadie is going to be a real strong girl because she went through a lot this week too, but she has to wait at least another 10 weeks to join us! :) Thank you to all my family and friends for their prayers and well wishes. It kept me uplifted!!

I just tried to upload photos and they wouldn't work, but I will try again tomorrow!!

6 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

SOEUR!!! Helloooo??? I can't believe you went through all of that!!
I just got an email from Becky Jensen today with the news! I'm SO glad you are feeling...better? :)
Yes, Sadie will be a strong girlie, just like her momma!

Good luck with the delivery!

Michelle said...

What a horrible week Kristen! I hope your recovery goes well. I think you're right about Sadie being a tough little girl. She's like her mom. It sounds like your husband is doing a great job of taking care of his girls at the moment. Hope you get feeling well soon! I loved the pics of Max on Megans blog.

Amanda and McKay said...

I'm so glad you got to go home! I've been thinking about you.

I'll call you soon. REST! Catch up on some Dawson's Creek reruns and we'll discuss! :)

MegANDustin said...

Sadie will be so strong, just like her Aunt Meggy! I mean, her mom :)

The Proctor Group said...

Sorry you had to go through all of that! Hopefully, the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing from here on. I think I am going to try and see Heidi this week while she is in town.

Mandy said...

HI Kristen. This is Amanda (Monroy) Wilding. I ran across your blog on Michelle's and after reading this entry, I am glad that you are doing better. My vote is that you should avoid needing to go to the hospital until it is time to deliver that little girl of yours! Congrats on the little one, by the way. Justin and I are expecting our first here in the next 5 weeks and it is a girl as well. I am so excited!