Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

It's hard work to get a picture of these two, but I was pleased with this one, although there is a lot of sun on Max's face. They both looked so cute in their Easter clothes!
Sadie is easy to get photos of because she sits so still and calm. She is really a little angel!
Finding their Easter baskets!! The Easter bunny from Sadie a toy to chew on and Max some Cars bubble bath and Madagascar 2 for all of us!
We hid 12 eggs around the family room and Max went on a little hunt this morning. We went on an Easter egg hunt at the park yesterday with all my family so Max really has this Easter egg hunt thing down.
Yesterday we hunter for plastic eggs with candy in them, so he wasn't quite sure what to make of the hard boiled eggs. :)
Aaron and I decorated the eggs Saturday night once the kids went to bed. It was actually pretty fun. Here are the "before" eggs...
And the "after" eggs. As you can see, we are lacking a bit of artistic talent in our family. :)
Max loves to play Wii Sports with Aaron. They play baseball and tennis and Max thinks he is actually hitting the balls.

Aaron and Max did some projects outside yesterday and Sadie watched. Max LOVES to be Aaron's special helper.
Cleaning off with the hose. Don't worry, after this picture, Max got Aaron soaked also!
So..I am a bit scatter brained...more so lately. I was going to Target the other day, got the kids in the car, suddenly remembered Max only had one shoe on, and so came back inside to get it. When I was unlocking the door, I noticed that my feet felt weird...and this picture above was why. I wish I could say occurances like this are rare...but they are the constant.

One of Max's favorite spots to play cars...between our couch and fireplace.
Both of the kids were so tired and cranky last Monday and at different times during the day, they each just crashed on a couch in the family room.
I made this cake last week for dinner after General Conference at my parents. It was from the blog on my sidebar called My Kitchen Cafe. It is the lemon cake. The cake itself was really good but the frosting was too much lemon. The blog author just loved it, so I might have done something wrong! The cake is good alone though, or maybe you could just add a little glaze to it. It is a great cake for the summer though!

Birthday Week 2009 begins this Saturday (well, I will probably start celebrating my own about Thursday or so). Stay tuned for pics!! I already have my cakes all planned out! :)

6 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Love the pictures! Haha and I'm cracking up about your shoes. So funny.

P.S. Can't wait to start celebrating on THURSDAY!

Kathleen said...

Max and Sadie are adorable in their Easter outfits! Love Sadie's dress and shoes. She's beautiful! That's cool that Max caught on to the egg hunt and that he participated in two of them. So did he eat any of the hardboiled eggs? (which turned out very cute in my opinion!) How cute to see Max and Aaron playing Wii sports together! Glad Max got revenge with the water hose--that's only fair. And your story about two different shoes is hilarious! Thanks for documenting it. Have a wonderful week leading up to your birthday. I would love to have a spring birthday b/c it's my favorite season, with summer as a close 2nd. Oh, and I think your cake looks delicious!!

Erin Gibbons said...

Your cake is beautiful! It's so fun to see what you guys are up to, I wish we could see you soon, it's been so long! Have a very happy birthday!

Jennifer Karyn said...

cute pictures!!

Melanie said...

Such cute Easter pics. I love them. And your shoes ... Kristen, you never cease to amaze me. I love you for it though. :D Can't wait to see the birthday pics!!!

Leah said...

I love your posts! Your kiddos are so cute! I LOVE Sadie's Easter dress!