Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Katie's Mission Call Has Arrived!!!!

It has finally arrived!! It was a long wait with the 3 day weekend!!! Then, the mail usually comes at 2 pm and today it didn't come until after 5:30 pm!!! Poor Katie...it was nerve racking for her!! All the family and several of Katie's friends, including Megan on Skype in Chile, Katie's friend Jamie in Washington on Skype, and Aunt Jane in Sacramento on the phone, gathered to watch her open her call. And the call...Knoxville, Tennesse!!!!! She reports to the MTC on December 9th! She is so excited and as much as we will miss "T", we are so happy for her!!!

Here are a few photos I found online of Knoxville. Her mission also goes into Virginia and Kentucky a little bit.





This is a poster I made to track everyone's guesses. Aaron was the closest, guessing Jackson, Mississippi, so he won the Sonic Gift Card that Megan threw in. Thanks Megan! :)
"The Call"
Megan joining us from Chile via Skype.
Had to throw in this picture. She was the cutest guest of all!!! She always wants her baby doll.
Friends and cousins.
Family gathered.
Love the laptops! We had some very excited kids...and Katie too! :)
Opening the mission call.
This has brought back so many wonderful memories for me! Good times, hard times, growing, great companions and lifelong friends and lessons I'll never forget and often can't put into words. I am so excited for Katie and know she will be such a hard working missionary!!

Here's a little video of Katie opening her call for any who missed it that wanted to be there...or for those like me who just like to watch future missionaries first read their assignment. :)

7 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

this made my eyes misty. I'm so excited for her!

Melanie said...

So exciting. I thought I called it, but apparently I didn't. So sad for me. I guess Tennessee isn't the state right above Oklahoma. I need to learn my states better. Anyway, very exciting news. I'm so happy for Katie.

Michelle said...

YAY!!! Knoxville!!!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations to Katie! My cousin served there and loved it so much, he and his wife named their sons Nash and Knox (after Nashville and Knoxville).

Megan Holdaway said...

My eyes are teary. I am so excited for her! I have been thinking about it all day and what a perfect fit it is for her. She is a country girl at heart and always has been :) Not to mention Tennessee is ridiculously beautiful. I'm so happy I was able to "be" there while she opened the call. Thanks for making it possible!

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

Yahoo for missions. Because of ours we are friends!

runnin.whitehorse said...

A great new Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is born!! Congrads Sister Katie McLelland of the Church!!