Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to Sadie!!

Today was Sadie's first birthday!! She is such a sweet little girl and she has made this past year so fun!! A few Sadie facts: She loves her blanket, her brother and eating paper. She has the sweetest giggle and laughs so much, especially at herself. She is a picky eater, a long napper, and so cuddly. Here are some of the pics from the little family party we had for her earlier tonight.



Gifts wrapped for little girls are just so cute!

Birthday pic with big brother Max.
She got tired of waiting to open presents, and tried to run off with a gift to eat the wrapping paper. She got a little nibble before I swipped it!
This is my favorite birthday shot of her!! She's so sweet!
This is a gift from Aunt Megan and Uncle Dustin that I picked out for them since they are in Chile. I had to post this picture for Megan because everyone agreed that this looked like something she would wear!! You can't see, but there are gray pants and pewter shoes to go with it! Now there will be a resemblance with Megan and Sadie!!!
Opening gifts with Mom's help. We opened one gift as Max opened 4 others. :)

She loved her baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa McLelland. This girl is obsessed with babies. She mauls baby William every time we see him, and last week we had to take her out of Sacrament meeting because someone sat in the row, next to us, with a baby in a carseat carrier and she was screaming to get to him!
Max riding Sadie's new bike.
Sadie finally getting to ride her new bike.
The lady bug cake I made for Sadie!
Blowing out the candle.
I didn't let her go at the cake herself because the red frosting was dying everything it touched red. My counter top is still red, so I didn't want her to permanently stain the highchair at my mom's. She likes to be spoon fed anyways when she's tired, and she was getting sleepy at this point.

Thanks to everyone, family near and far, for the great gifts!! She is a loved little girl!!!

P.S. Happy Birthday to Tami also!!! :) We love you too!!!

10 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

I got online just to see these picture and my computer's about to die. Lame, but at least I got to see them. Love her! All of the pictures are so darling. I love the outfit you picked out and the cake was so cool. For my next birthday, I want you to make me a cake that looks like a piece of sushi. So get crackin'! Love you guys and thanks for posting :)

Melanie said...

I love that she loves babies ... so cute. And good job on the cake. It looks awesome, as usual. Such a fun time ... happy birthday Sadie!

Rognon Photographers said...

Such a cutie! I can't believe how fast the year has gone. Great job on the cake!

Kathleen said...

What a fun birthday for Sadie! She's so pretty! Her love for babies and dolls is adorable, especially since she's such a cute baby doll herself. From your description it's easy to visualize Sadie being upset that she couldn't get to the baby close by at church! Love that outfit you gave on behalf of her aunt and uncle. I know you included that photo primarily to show off the cute style of Megan's gift, but it's also a beautiful photo of you, Kristen. You go all out for your family, and I admire that!

runnin.whitehorse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
runnin.whitehorse said...

Sadie's Birthday cake is excellent, Kristen!! Great Job!! Thanks for the pics of Sadie's Party!! I've already been gleeming since skyping, having had such a wonderful chance to visit on Sadie's Birthday!! I've only been with Max and Sadie for mere moments and I love them so much!! Reminds me of two others I love so much!! Sadie sure was cute and the two of them, Max and Sadie are just growing like wildfire!! What must go through a 1 year olds mind, SO MUCH attention!!!!

Desi said...

I hope you have another child in October, and then you can make a pumpkin birthday cake!

The Thomas Family said...

CUTE! She is darling.

Leah said...

I can't believe she's 1! Wow! She's a doll!

Erin Gibbons said...

Wow I can't believe that she's 1! I thought she was a lot younger. I liked seeing all the pictures, and you made such a cool cake! It's so fun to get to see your family once in awhile, even if it is only through the computer! Say hi to Aaron for me too!