Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kidney Stones Attack Again!


I was going to post a picture of a kidney stone, but after searching for some pics, I was grossed out. These things have become a thorn in my side, literally!! Within 2 hours Saturday night I went from happy go lucky to extreme pain in the ER. I have a 4mm stone that has yet to pass. It's only a little over a year since my last one. I'm going to have it analyzed this time and figure out what is causing them, although I have already sworn off soda for life!! I would rather give birth to 10 babies naturally than have these again! I've been pretty sick but am finally feeling better, off and on. So, wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

kirby said...

You poor thing! I hope you feel better SOON! Let me know if you guys need anything! :) love ya!

runnin.whitehorse said...

I passed a 6mm, 5 months after going to emergency, in which I ate lemons every day during that time. I also used "Uriflow" for about a month before it passed. If I remember right, there are 4 kinds of kidney stones. The one that is most common is because of calcium deficiency. Calcium and magnesium are needed. I'm sure you know to drink plenty of water, it will help it to flush. Also, kidney stones usually mean that you are dehydrated. I'm sure you can read all about it. I hope your mom is helping you.

Melanie said...

Good luck with it all!! Us up North are thinking of you ... hope it all ends soon!

The Proctor Group said...

That sounds so awful especially since you compared it to giving birth naturally. Good luck! Hope you get better soon.