Friday, July 31, 2009

What We've Been Doing the Past Few Weeks...

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to the past few weeks! The major changes in our home lately are Max potty training (making slow progress) and Sadie walking (making fast progress). Next...We're ALL going to learn to sleep through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few weeks ago when Megan was in town we went up to Shaver Lake for our annual summer Lake Day with all the fam. I LOVE Shaver Lake! It was nice this summer because I had a babysitter all day for the kids at home and I had a wonderful, relaxing day!

The Lake
Some of us on the boat

I really like this pic of my mom and Megan! I especially love my mom in this hat!
Megan is always the first to get in the water!
Chad and Samuel...I think next year I will finally bring Max. I think he'll be old enough to handle being on a boat without jumping overboard in a year! :)

For some reason McKay always likes to stand at the front of the boat. Funny kid!

Last week Melanie and her kids came to stay at our place for a few days! We had such a fun time and it was so great to spend so much time with Melanie!

All 5 kids in our kids room playing.
We braved the park one morning, although it was so hot at 9:00 am already that we only lasted a 1/2 hour...then went to an air conditioned McDonalds indoor play place!
Marley on the swing. She is so adorable....a princess as she would say!
Max and Sadie swinging.

Sleepy kids. Luckily Mel has a van that fits us all...and our combined 5 car seats!
What we really love is that the Jensens taught Max the joys of eating a cheeseburger!! Cheaper than chicken nuggets so I'm happy! :)
And Mel and Marley taught us the joys of painting Sadie's toenails! She's never without polished and pedicured toes now!
The next day we went to a play area near the movie theater in River Park and it was much cooler. On the downside a flying beetle was trying to dive bomb and kill us. :)
At the Pioneer Day celebration on Saturday Max was in heaven with Uncle Tyler's cowboy hat. I think we are going to have to get out little cowboy a hat of his own.

Here are just some random pics from around the house. It has been so hot, not a day under 100 for a few weeks now, so we get a bit restless indoors all day, but try and find stuff to do!

Max was on cloud nine when I let him eat some cookie dough of the mixer. He was so excited when I handed it to him!
Sadie is our little busy body lately. She gets into stuff more than Max now. She loves to play in our makeshift TV cabinet.
Daddy's not too happy when he sees the Wii like this though. All she has to do is bat her eye lashes at him though and it's fine!
Under the table is another great spot.
She's always walking now! Here's a little video below. She gets fast each day and goes even further now than in this video. It's fun to watch her!! (Oh, and she has bangs again...thanks to Aunt Jane for the great hair cut! Now she really looks like Boo from Monsters Inc. I will post a comparison soon!)

5 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

how fun! I'm a bit jealous!! I do love the picture of McKay at the front of the boat. Maybe he likes it there because he feels like he's "flying, Jack"

Megan Holdaway said...

Love the new pictures! Shaver was so fun. Max is a kid after my own heart eating cookie dough like that :) And Sadie is walking! So cute. I love the first picture of her in the TV unit. She is the most beautiful thing ever!

Miss you guys! Can't wait to video chat and see your faces :)

runnin.whitehorse said...

Great video of Sadie walking! Wow, that was fast, walking already! I wish the video was longer, to see expressions of her first times walking! I like Sadie's toes and her playing in the cabinet! Sharp looking cowboy! (does your camera take bigger pictures?)

Melanie said...

Those are some good pictures. Shaver looks beautiful. I haven't been there in a LONG time! Our trip down was so much fun ... can't wait to do it again!

Leah said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!!! I Love Sadie's painted toes! Brian keeps asking me when I'll do the same to Lily. I tell him,"when she stops sucking on her toes!" :)