Sunday, July 5, 2009

Seattle

Last Saturday we left for a four day trip to Seattle to visit the Powell side (Aaron was there for only 1 1/2 days). We had A LOT of fun and it was so great to visit with my Dad and all the family. All my younger cousins have grown up so much and it was fun getting to know each of them! It was really great to see everyone and be in beautiful Seattle! I didn't get any pictures of our big family gatherings Saturday and Sunday because I was busy with kids and catching up, so here are all the photos I was able to get on our flight out, arriving, and our last 2 days there.


Max was pretty excited about flying, and pulling his suitcase. If only that enthusiasm would have lasted the whole flight. :)
Sadie's first flight. She had no idea what was going on. Just tired and cute.
Playing together before the flight. They are becoming real pals...just need to work on sharing. ;)
As I mentioned above, Max's enthusiasm for flying quickly wore off. It was only a 2 hour flight, but it felt so much longer on the way out. They were both so over tired since we had to get up so early. Max screamed for the last 25 min or so. Funny story though- so after the flight I had to use the restroom and found one close to our gate. Aaron waited outside with the kids. There was a small line so I got in the back of it and the women in front of me turned around and our conversation went as follows:
Women: "You were on that flight from Fresno weren't you?"
Me: "Yes, I was."
Women: "Can you believe that child that was screaming?" (Shaking her head in disbelief)
Me: "Actually, that was my child."
Women: (Look of embarrasement) "Oh bless you! We were just talking about what wonderful parents you must be."
Me: (Look of sure I bet that's what you were thinking).
Women: She goes on and on about what a great parent I am.

Haha!! Funny. Also, not funny.
Max took this picture of me. I gave him my camera in a desperate attempt to entertain him. He actually got a decent shot.
Sadie sleeping in the car once we got there.
We stopped at Alki Beach in Seattle soon after we arrived so that we could show Aaron and Dustin the Seattle skyline.
Aaron and Max checking out the water, jelly fish and birds.
They looked so cute for church. This was the only pic I could get of them though.
Sadie and her Daddy.
Aunt Megan and Sadie. As Megan would say, "Can't you see the resemblance?" Haha! Nothing about these two is the same. Ok, well they do both love pancakes.
Sadie is always trying to stand by herself now. She is 10 months old now. I bet she'll be walking by her 1st birthday.
My Grandpa Powell giving the little kids a ride in the wagon attached to his riding lawn mower. The kids all loved it! I loved driving it also and gave several rides myself. I want one to take the kids to school in.
Going for a ride all together.
Max loved all my little cousins and he had plenty of friends to play with the whole time.
On Tuesday we went to the Aquarium in downtown Seattle. Max was in heaven with all the shishy's. It was almost shishy overload for him. It was a really nice aquarium.
Sadie slept through some of it.
They have this really cool, big wall in the entrance and it was filled with fish. Max could have looked at it all day.
Walking to the wall.
My Grandpa Powell, Sadie, Max, Megan and my Dad on the wharf. I've always loved downtown Seattle.

Luckily the flight alone went much better, even without Aaron being there to help. Luckily Megan was able to help me through security and until we boarded the plane. I basically was a performing clown for 2 hours and they were entertained enough and there were no tears. Flying with toddlers and babies is not for the faint of heart! :) I'm glad we were able to go and miss everyone already!!! For those on the Powell side that read this blog, love and miss you all!!

8 comments:

Desi said...

I love your blog entries! Especially the "shishy overload" for Max!

Erin Gibbons said...

What a fun trip! We went to Seattle in May, but we decided not to go to the aquarium so it was cool to see the pictures. I love the story about the ladies on the plane, you're amazing to have survived a plane ride with a baby and a toddler alone! I did it with Calvin alone when he was 3 weeks, but he slept the whole way and the flight crew gave me my own two-seat corner in the front row. Love the pics!

Melanie said...

How fun! I don't envy your first flight though, but I do think it was awesome that you told that lady that it was your kid. Hysterical!! Hopefully that lady will learn her lesson. As for you, you are a brave woman. Props to you for going through two flights with two babies!!

The Thomas Family said...

Oh, that's a great story. Good for you for saying, "that was my child". I might have been like, "I know, can you believe those parents couldn't shut him up?!?"
Haha, just kidding.
Trips are a pain but then you only remember how fun it was! I'm flying with the kids by myself on Sat! I'm nervous but it's only an hour flight. People around me can suck it up!

Megan Holdaway said...

Man, that was fun. I love your comment about me, Sadie, and pancakes. So true :) Can't wait to see you guys again TOMORROW!!

The Proctor Group said...

Reading your blog about flying made me nervous about our upcoming flight to Detroit which is going to be 4 1/2 hours. Hopefully, we wont have the screaming kids people talk about after the flight.

Leah said...

How fun! You got some GREAT pictures! I'm glad my folks are back in the area. We can all see each other a little more often!

runnin.whitehorse said...

no comment