Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Amatuer Photo Shoot

Today I was pretty bored and so I decided to try an impromptu photo session with Max. I am coming up on 3 months late to get his 2 year old picture taken. My beef with getting pictures taken is that first off the funds are not always available when the milestone is actually reached, I dislike the only reasonably priced studios in town and I really can't determine whether or not my kids will be all smiles next Tuesday at 10:45 am because you always have to make an appointment. And each time I need to get pictures taken I also have to get hair cut and combed perfectly and make sure they each have one really cute outfit with no blemishes on it. Not an easy task. Also, the packages they put together are not what you really need. I mean, I can only get 8 wallets or 800.

These are by no means great shots. 1. I don't have the talent or eye. 2. I don't have a nice camera. 3. I don't have photo shop (Katie...that's a hint to you! ;)). So please don't judge the actual quality of photo or editing (especially my friends who are professionals), and just enjoy Max's cute face. :)




















11 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

I can take some shots of Max if you want...

Or you could use these tips to just help you... don't stand a subject within 1-3 feet of an object behind them.. you lose the 3-d aspect and depth perception of it. It'll also help your camera to focus on your subject and blur out the background! And don't use an on-camera flash.. it creates harsh shadows. You want to shoot where you can look up and see the sky but are still in the shade. That's the best light!

Maybe I should teach a photo class for moms so they can take great amateur photos. Also... I'm amazed that you got him to pose for most of those! The poses are great and natural and the pics are blurry! Sooo you're doing really well!

Jennifer Karyn said...

I think these pictures are adorable

Erin Gibbons said...

What's not professional about these? These are GREAT shots!

runnin.whitehorse said...

He sure looks like a big boy, growing older by the day!! I sure miss this boy!! He's the best Grandson in the world!! I sure have been thinking of Grandpa & Grandma Keough, lately. I'm sure they miss him a lot too!! I will look forward to hearing of their often visits with Max & Sadie!! More is better than less ...

Not too long ago, I just said I could only imagine what it would be like to know my Grandkids! Now, I know! And now, I miss 'em! They are the BEST!!

Melanie said...

Such cute pics!! You got some really great shots in there. AND I agree with everything you said about having pictures taken. Brody and Dannon will be 6 and 4 in October and I still haven't had their 5 and 3 year old pictures taken. I'm a horrible mom.

Michelle said...

I think those are adorable! Good job Kristen! :)

Leah said...

Absolutely love the pictures!

Amanda and McKay said...

Too cute, Kristen! He's probably way more comfortable with mom behind the camera than some stranger. He's a cute boy. Good job!

Stephanie Ryan said...

I agree with Amanda :)!! But you know, if you come up with some kind of trade I will take pictures anytime ;)! Besides that fact I totally think we need to hang out more, I know I keep saying that but I mean it!!......we have a swimming pool :).

runnin.whitehorse said...

What a boy!!!!

runnin.whitehorse said...

I'll bet he has a beautiful sister too!!!!