Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring!

Spring is HERE!!! Hooray!! We've been enjoying gorgeous weather (although rain is in the forecast this week). Here are some things we've been enjoying with the warmer weather.

First off, it looks like snow (or popcorn, as I tell Max and Sadie) on the trees, but it really is beautiful blossoms. I love all the orchards around us, because this time of year they are breathtaking with all the blossoms.

We've been spending time on Saturdays working outside and cleaning things up around the house. This Saturday we were outside all day working, planting a garden and doing some serious pruning and mowing.

I've also decided Sadie has it best in our home. She is the only one that gets to sleep in every Saturday and enjoy a leisurely breakfast while we start working. But seriously, she's so cute, she deserves that beauty rest! :)




And all she needs is a bucket to keep her occupied and busy!

Um, yes, Max learned how to take care of business outside this weekend. Aaron told him what to do, but Max wouldn't go outside. About an hour later I found him like this. Aaron would like to clarify that never in his instructions did he say to completely strip down and then proceed to run around the back and front yard naked as Max did. :)The garden. We have two sides to plant on, on either side of our shed in the backyard. We just planted the first side this weekend. We planted two kinds of squash, green beans, peas, 2 kinds of tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers and carrots. Next weekend we are going to plant corn, pumpkins, and watermelon. Hopefully out of all this, something will grow! :) I wanted to plant all organic, in preparation for the organic farm I want to own one day :), but Aaron was not as interested in that. He gave in and I picked out all organic seeds, but when there was no organic compost available, we ended up with regular stuff. :( It says it contains all organic materials, but in the little bit I have studied on organics, you can't trust that. Oh well....I'm still holding out for the organic farm. :)

It was so gorgeous Sunday, we drove up to Millerton Lake, about 20 min away, to take a little walk. The drive alone was so beautiful!


We stopped at the old court house at Millerton Lake for our walk, one of my favorite spots. Before my mission and post mission, I would drive up here when I needed to do some of my best thinking. :)







This is not just a "when I write on my blog, I make my life sound perfect" statements, but, really I love this picture because Aaron is such a wonderful father and this picture shows that! He is so sweet and caring with the kids! They are so lucky to have such an attentive and fun Dad! :)



Max could literally throw rocks in the water all day!

Sadie's struggle with rocks is that she would rather eat them than throw them. Yum!
No, they're not kissing, although it looks like it! This water fountain was one of the highlight's of the little trip for them. Really, all it takes to make kids happy is a water fountain! :)

Well, that's all for now! I am taking a few days off work this week and looking forward to being home all day!!!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Way to work together as a family to accomplish something wonderful! So...Max was just adding extra fertilizer to the garden...? I can never get over how gorgeous Sadie's eyes are. They're so enchanting! And what a fun family outing you took! Love the pictures, every one of them.

Jennifer Karyn said...

Oh man this all looks like so much. I can't wait for spring to come to Utah!!

Melanie said...

Looks beautiful! Yeah, I love the blossoms. It's making me sad that they are starting to fall. I can't wait to see how your garden grows, and grows, and grows ... that's so fun! And Sadie is growing up so much lately, it's amazing. Her hair has gotten so much longer. She's just a doll. And way to go Max at becoming a man!

Megan Holdaway said...

So jealous of your Spring! Someday it will come here, right? :) Love Max and Sadie, too, of course... they are looking so grown up. I need to come and see them STAT.

Erin Gibbons said...

Sadie is such a pretty girl! And I like the picture of Max with his arm around Sadie too! Congrats on your garden! I'm still contemplating how I'm going to create a garden on my little balcony that will actually be fruitful, but it sounds like you've got everything in yours!