Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back By Popular Demand!

Not blogging for a few weeks has been good for my self esteem...I have had several requests for a blog post and updates! Who am I kidding though, all anyone wants to see are Max and Sadie. :)

Here are a bunch of pics from the last month.


Lately Sadie is OBSESSED with purses...and shoes, sunglasses and anything pretty that you can accessorize with. She doesn't leave the house without her purse!
Yesterday I took her to Costco while Max and Aaron were at Monster Jam (photos of that event to come soon, once I download them from Aaron's phone) and the little stinker threw a huge fit about sitting in the cart. So I let her down, with her purse on her arm, and she walked the whole store with me, staying right next to me, and pointing at things she wanted in the cart. She is an experienced shopper at 18 months!!



Today was such a gorgeous day. After 2 weeks of rain it is nice to have the sun back again!
Sometimes playing is so exhausting.
It's hard to see, but Max loves finding worms....and bringing them to me so I can see. :)
Cheese!
This was one LONG rainy day! I think we ended up bringing out every toy, building a huge fort, and eating a ton of snacks.
More worms. One thing rain is good for, making worms easier to find.
With all the rain, we've been getting our garden turned up and ready for planting. Max and Dad we're having to have a little chat here about using shovels properly. I love how Max loves to work with Aaron and really pays attention to what he's teaching him. :)
Sadie's and her goatee. Can't keep dirt out of her mouth!
Sadie just carries these buckets all over the yard whenever she is outside. Our dog Riley, is good with the kids. He's a good dog, even though most of the time he gets on my nerves. He's also super hyper and crazy.
Showing Dad worms.
Max helped me one day, without me asking, by putting the clothes away. This is the toy box. :)
When Aaron's company changed, and they paid him his vacation, we took the kids on a little shopping trip to the Disney Store. Sadie loves Aristocats so we had been wanting to get her a cat from it for a while, and she was so excited when she saw one at the store! Max got his "shishy". Who needs Disney Land at this age when the Disney Store is exciting enough?!

Last Saturday Max and Aaron went on a road trip to Bass Pro Shop, a couple hours away. Here he is demonstrating how his new fishing pole works. They have some good fishing trips planned for the summer!
Stylin'
When we go to the park all Sadie wants to do is swing!
And all Max wants to do is climb this thing he can't climb down from. :)
This was a very exciting event....the city had a day where you could put stuff out on your curb that doesn't normally fit in a garbage can. The streets get pretty full on junk and to clean it all up it takes a garbage truck and huge tractor. The kids loved it!
This is why packages of cookies can't be left within reach of these two.....
...and why I can't talk on the phone with these two. A few minutes of distraction and this is how I find them, on my bed, watching TV and eating cookies. Partners in crime.

8 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

haha! I love this post. Your kids are just way too cute. I'm not going to lie though, the worms totally grosse me out. But I LOVE Sadie's purse. So cute. Her headband is almost done...It's been slow in the making so sorry!

Kathleen said...

I love how Max is "all boy" and Sadie is such a girly girl and yet as brother and sister they get along so well! Good to hear you have sunshiny days again.

Megan Holdaway said...

This is the best Monday ever! I am dying over all of these pictures and I have so many things to say. Here are my favorites: Sadie in her purse walking through the store, Sadie playing outside looking like a ragamuffin :), Max learning to shovel and playing with his new fishing pole (he looks so grown up!), and most of all the two of them eating cookies on the bed. Haha! I love them so much. Please come visit me??

P.S. I also look at your blog to see pictures of you... :)

runnin.whitehorse said...

I fully agree with all 3 posts!! I fell back cracking up as soon as I saw Sadie with all the dirt on her face, especially after seeing her so lady like holding her purse and shopping! And I love seeing Max & his Dad, raw future talent in training! I'm hoping he didn't eat the worm, but knew it was for the fishy's. I can see he's learning to catch the fishy's. (I agree with Meg's P.S. I hope that someday that camera takes a little bit bigger pictures. I always want to zoom and see them a little better and what they are doing. Anyways...sorry, I can sometimes sound like a complainer!) I miss them, I miss them, I miss them ... I miss you! Thanks for the photo's update, it makes for-much easier and pictures are worth a 1000 words!! Funny thing when I first beginning seeing Sadie, a big girl, with her purse, was thought that I may need to be careful up ahead. I may want to spoil her and buy her too many things. Maybe, it's better to stay poor. Grandpa won't spend! ha Great job, Kristen Jane, hugs and kisses to our babies (which includes you)!!

Amanda and McKay said...

1. Sadie is your mini me! She and Max are adorable!

2. YOU HAVE A DOG?! I thought this day would never come! Aaron must be very persuasive! :)

The Thomas Family said...

Kristin! Hiiiiii, it has been a long time. Your kids are crazy cute and crazy with worms and purses!! Isn't it THE BEST?! It looks like you're all doing well (well, don't all blogs DO??), let's chat soon!!

Melanie said...

Yes, this is a great post!! I'm glad you are back!!! It is all so cute. Sadie is so adorable. I love all the accessories ... and Max, what a stud. I love how they broke into the cookies. That made me laugh, I feel sorry for you, but it still made me laugh. Those two are awesome.

Erin Gibbons said...

Cute pictures! What a fashion-conscientious little girl! I'm glad Calvin hasn't discovered worms yet.