Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Week 2010

Well, it's been a fun and exhausting week!! Celebrating is really tiring! :) We had such a fun week celebrating birthdays. The following pictures are horribly out of order, but it's late and I'm so tired...sorry.

Max's birthday celebrations started with Monster Jam last Friday night. He was a boy in heaven. He was so excited all week leading up to it, and has talked about it non stop since! :)

The only picture I got with my birthday boy...he was too busy playing with presents to take pics.

By the time his birthday was over, he had a acquired quite a collection of monster trucks. Now, he didn't receive all of them for his birthday, but because he only has one interest and so many people that love him, his collection really has grown! :)
Opening presents from Ma and Pa Keough...he was SOO excited when the package arrived!



We had a little party the night before his actual birthday. With just my younger cousins and siblings, it was quite a party!

This little girl couldn't stop eating cake!


Sadie and Lindsey

Blowing out the candles on the car cakes. I did a very simple birthday cake this year, but it was a hit with the kids because they each got their own car cake and ice cream. No decorating required. It just goes to show you, kids are easy to please!! They were really cute car cakes though (thanks to my mother in law Joyce for buying the cake pan!! :) )


This is funny because I was trying to be a really sweet wife and put some candles on the cakes for Aaron's birthday...but he was actually turning 26, not 25. Opps....I didn't realize it until he was blowing out the candles and asked "Who's turning 25?" :)





For my birthday we went up to the mountains and Bass Lake. The kids had a lot of fun at the lake...and got super muddy!

All my big kids playing in the mud! Aaron is such a good sport!



This is Max's superman pose. :)

What I love about Sadie is that she can be the prettiest and the grossest thing at the same time. :)

No pictures of Aaron's birthday. :( He had to go to work, but luckily it was a training day for his new sales position at work, so it was a shorter day. We went out to dinner with friends and had a great time!

Thanks to all our friends and family for making each of our birthdays so special, and hanging in there with us throughout the week!

4 comments:

Ellen and Dustin Tillman said...

I have been checking your blog multiple times every day the past week in anticipation of this post - and it certainly didn't let me down! I love the birthday pictures! Those kids are getting too big! :)

Jennifer Karyn said...

Sounds like a fun birthday week!! I love the pictures of Sadie eating cake and of course the one with her muddy face. your kids are adorable.

Megan Holdaway said...

Yes! I love the picture of Max watching the monster trucks and the one of him with all of the trucks lined up. You weren't kidding about all of his trucks!

And that first picture of Sadie eating cake is priceless.

Love Birthday week!

Melanie said...

Your kids are adorable. I think I say that all the time, but it's true. Sadie is seriously gorgeous!!! I can't believe how much she's grown up. And Max has always been such a little stud. It all looks like it was a blast. So much fun!! I'm glad for you that it's all over though. I know how exhausting birthday time can be, and ours aren't even nearly so close. Must be a crazy, action-packed week!