Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catchin' Up!

I'm back to blogging! I don't even know why I haven't blogged in so long...lot's going on but also laziness I'll admit. But I'm back at it now. Here is a quick recap of the last two months. It has been a fun summer so far!

MAY

At the end of May Aaron's parents and two sisters came out to visit us for 5 days and we had SO much fun with them! I only have a few pictures, I need to get copies from everyone, but it was such a great couple of days and we were all sad to see them leave! Max still talks about getting Gamma, Pa and Nan from the airport, and how he will share his toys with Baby T in Elle's tummy. :)
One day we all went to the zoo. The weather was so perfect the whole time they were here, and that always makes the zoo more enjoyable for me! :)

These kids would love to roam with the animals!



One night we went to John's Incredible Pizza for dinner and Emma was such a trooper to ride the little train with the kids!
Another night we went to Farmer's Market in Old Town Clovis. Again, because the weather was so nice, it made it such an enjoyable night walking around, listening to music and enjoying some good food. Especially the great Kettle Corn that Grandma bought!!
The kids also got to go on little pony rides. I wasn't sure how Sadie would react, but as she is around most animals, she was fearless and loved it! Seriously, where did I get these kids who have no fear of animals?? Definitely a great trait they inherited from Aaron!!
Starting the last week in April, Max started swim lessons at Jan Thomas Swim School. He has his last lesson the first day all the Keough family arrived, so Emma got to come see him show off all he had learned and receive his gold medal and blue ribbon. Max loved his teacher Tori and going to his swim school, and the lessons have definitely worked. He is swimming like a champ!




JUNE

We took a day trip to Yosemite a couple weekends ago. It was GORGEOUS, and super crowded, but we still had a fun family day, saw a black bear (Max still talks about that everyday-it was close, not too close, but close enough to see) and saw some beautiful waterfalls. We only hiked one trail, because it took three hours just to do that with the kids, and they were exhausted, so a lot of these shots are from the car as we drove around very slowly in heavy traffic.


This was after our hike leaving the park. Max crashed because he had not slept on the drive up because he was so excited! :)
What a life!



This is the only shot I got of the bear. It was on the way back to our car after our hike. We saw him before we left and when we came back, he was just hanging out there all day. He's the big blob in the middle.




They love to hold hands in the car. I think it's so sweet!

This last week my cousin Melanie and her 3 kids came to stay with us for a couple of days. Her mom and brothers also were in town so it was swim parties, playing and great food every day. One day Melanie and I were in the pool with 14 kids! It was great though, and exhausting, but I loved every minute of it, and was sad when they left! Hopefully we can get together again soon!
Mine and Melanie's kids in the van. Seriously, have you ever seen 5 cuter kids?! :)
Bikini Babes



And now we are back to normal life. Today it is 105 degrees and I'm wondering whether or not I really can survive a summer with no central AC. I'll be stocking up on fans tomorrow at Target for sure!! We're looking forward to the 4th of July, probably my favorite holiday of the year, and more fun, swimming, free weekly movies, family, and BBQ's this summer! Oh yeah, and work and school too! :)

6 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

I am dying over this post! I can't believe how old Sadie looks. Those bikini pictures you sent are to die for!! And I love the picture of her and Marley. Oh and the one of all five kids--it looks like so many when they're all together!!

Melanie said...

Yeah, that was a great post. I especially love the pics of both of our kids together ... go figure. That was a fun week. We will have to do it again soon!

Jennifer Karyn said...

looks like a blast! i wish i could've visited too! seriously, those were 5 of the most adorable kids. I love the pic of Sadie and Marley together!! So cute.

runnin.whitehorse said...

Good times and great photos!! It's amazing how quickly SAdie and MAx are growing!! I'm glad to see a few pics from AAron's folk's and sister's visit!! Knowing the feeling, it's a bummer it was just for a few days. I'm glad my grandkids have a good pa & ma!! The best!! Thanks for the update, KRis, it's well worth the wait!!

Desi said...

Kristen-
Remember when we climbed those rocks at Yosemite, and then I pretended to be blind? Ha ha! That was such a fun trip. I'm looking forward to Independence Day as well... definitely not Halloween, but I still enjoy it! I remember you making a cake (or at least hearing about it) your first July 4th away on your mission.
I hope everything else is going well! Tell Aaron and the kids hi from me.
-Desi

Kathleen said...

It must be so fun to be Max's and Sadie's Mommy! They are beautiful babes and have such adorable interests and cute personalities. I'm sure it's challenging (as being anyone's mother is), but it just seems that it would be wonderful to wake up every morning and take care of those cuties! Your family has had wonderful outings together. Yosemite pictures always make me want to go back. That's cool your kids already have such a strong friendship with their extended family! Oh, and congrats to Max for succeeding in his swim school!