Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baby Jail

Baby Jail is by far one of my best ideas to date. Max would never stay happy in a play pen, as much as I tried to get him to like it. Because he is so busy, I could never take my eyes off him for a second or he'd be into something. One time he was out of my view for a few moments and I found him on my mom's dining room table hanging from the chandelier. I started to have to take him in the bathroom with me even, which I hate doing. Now that we kicked Uncle Matthew out of his room and by doing so got Max his own room to sleep in, he now also has a safe place to play in. We've "Max proofed" it as much as possible. We throw some toys out on the ground and each day he plays in there longer and longer. I really want him to be able to entertain himself for periods of time so when the baby comes I can nurse her without him always right there. He cried the first couple of times and wanted out, but is liking it more and more. I keep the door open with the gate in place and just peek in or listen from my room, so he doesn't see me and want out. Sometimes he has visitors because his uncles like to play in there too. Baby Jail has made our days together even more enjoyable!!! :)



2 comments:

MegANDustin said...

Hahaha! Baby jail. Such a great name. I love that he's just stuck in there.

The Proctor Group said...

I need to get me one of those gates and maybe Paul won't destroy the house everyday. P.S. I also found Paul on top of our table the other day. Good thing we don't have a chandelier because he probably would have been hanging from it as well.