Monday, September 22, 2008

Charice Pempengco and Celine Dion


Okay....I happened to turn on Oprah last Friday when I was nursing Sadie and saw an AMAZING segment on a 16 year old girl from the Philippines named Charice Pempengco. She has an unbelievably incredible voice!! It is so powerful and almost shocking that a voice that powerful is coming out of such a young and small body! She has been on the Oprah show before, and her dream was to sing with Celine Dion, so it was arranged for her to sing with Celine Dion at Madison Square Garden. I found a clip of it on YouTube and you HAVE to watch it!! Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3nAnju3Zc0

She has been singing in local places to earn money for her family. The woman they show in the stands is her mom. Everytime I watch it I get the chills and teary eyed!

No comments: