Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Really Good, Easy Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread

I am by no means a great cook (just ask my brother Matthew :) ), but this is too easy and good not to pass on. It comes from a slow cooker book Megan bought for my mom and it is so great!
Here is it!!

Honey Whole Wheat Bread in the Slow Cooker

2/3 c. powdered milk
2 c. warm water
2 TBL oil
1/4 c. honey
3/4 tsp salt
2/4 tsp or 1 packet yeast
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. flour

Directions

- Dissolve warm water and powdered milk
- Combine oil, honey, salt, yeast, 1/2 of both flours, add warm water and powdered milk mixture
- Mix on low 2 min, add remaining flours, beat until combined
- Spray inside of slow cooker so bread does not stick
- Cook 2-3 hours on high
-Remove from slow cooker (keep the bread in the stoneware in slow cooker, just remove that from the actually machine part)
- Sit 5 min, and then turn upside down to remove bread.
- Serve with warm with honey butter or butter and jam and it is DELISH!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

Sounds good! Wish I had a slow cooker!

Melanie said...

that is crazy!! I have never heard of cooking bread in a crockpot. I'm going to have to try it!!

Leah said...

Sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try that one!!!

runnin.whitehorse said...

maybe your sis can learn to make this bread so she can feed her 12 future children! :) Great job kris!

Megan Holdaway said...

Way to go posting this recipe! It's one of the ones I meant to steal from the cookbook. I'm anxious to try it.

Megan Holdaway said...

OH and I will by no means be having 12 children. Haha! At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to have more than 3 :)

krisjane said...

3 of which I might have to be there to raise with you so you can still get 8 hours of sleep...and I will sneak them hunks of ham!