Friday, May 8, 2009

Clovis Rodeo Parade and More

It's been a while since I've posted pics, so here are a few. Life has been pretty uneventful. Aaron got a new job at Yosemite Waters and he really loves it! It does require him to be downtown very early to start work, and since I don't want to wake up both kids that early to take him, I have been without a car everyday. I now realize how much I like to go somewhere everyday! :) Max gets a bit restless in our little place all day, but luckily he goes to Tami's and my mom's each one day a week, so that is fun! And they both also pick us up for the park and lunch, so I can't really complain! Here are a few pics of what we have been up to the past few weeks:
We live about a 10 minute walk from Old Town Clovis, so 2 Saturday's ago while Aaron was working at the church's vineyard, I walked the kids down to the Clovis Rodeo Parade. It was pretty fun! Max loved the cows (which are actually horses), the firetrucks and the corvette club( about 30 corvettes that drove by). Good times in Old Town Clovis! Now that I know what an easy walk it is I will probably walk to the Farmer's Market every Friday evening, since Aaron works long days in the summer, and he NEVER wants to go to the Farmer's Market with me! ;)


Watching the parade.
I love this double walking stroller/bike stroller. It was a cheap one at Target but is holding up great!

Ahhh! All tuckered out on the walk home.
My parents are planting a garden in their backyard in these planter boxes and we are helping out and get to plant some stuff in them.
Max loves to help out! But, I'm not going to lie, he's not so helpful! The whole time we were shoveling dirt into the boxes, he was shoveling it out!
The princess doesn't have to work, so she just relaxes in the shade!
Sadie LOVES LOVES LOVES this paino! She plays with it all day!
Such a happy girl!
I love this headband on her. :)
So...Max has been really playing with his stuffed animals, mostly all dogs, a lot lately. He likes to put them to bed and other things....but he apparently has picked up on how I put Sadie to bed...so this is Max nursing his dog before he puts him to bed. He does this often. :)
I stopped nursing Sadie last week though, so now Max is also into giving his dogs bottles.
Got milk?
This isn't the best shot because I took it with my computer while I was writing this post. It is the perfect example of why I like Baby Einstein DVD's. Totally captures their attention for a good couple of minutes.

4 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

that baby einstein. i don't know what it is about it but i wish i thought of that idea!! i LOVE that headband on Sadie as well. She is such a doll! I wish I was going to get to meet her next week!!

Kathleen said...

Congrats to Aaron on his new job! Glad he loves it. That's so nice of your mom and Tami to pick you up for part of the day so you can get out of the house. Sadie and Max are so adorable! Love the pics of them in the stroller/trailer enjoying the parade, as well as Sadie in front of her piano. I love Sadie's flower capris! And that's too cute that Max has mimicked you in caring for his stuffed animals!

Megan Holdaway said...

My two favorite pictures: the kids asleep in the stroller, and the kids glued to the boob tube. Looks like you're not trapped inside all of the time!

I love you guys and miss you oh-so-much! Happy Mom's Day and I hope you were able to relax.

Talk to you soon.

Love from Louisville,
Meg

Erin Gibbons said...

Our baby Calvin has the same piano, we won it from Enfamil I think, and he also LOVES it! He lights up everytime it gets turned on.