Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Big Fresno Fair

Last Saturday we braved the crowds and took the kids to the Fresno Fair. We brought my brother Tyler with us. I can sum it all up like this....we spent lot's of $$$$ to see/smell/pet cows. Not normally my idea of a good time, but Max was so excited to see cows so close, that it was worth every penny! And now, he has an imaginary cow that fits in the palm of his hands. It talk to him, tells him to go to sleep, and feeds him- I bought the carrots last night that he wanted for his cow. That was actually pretty funny, the cow was sitting next to him in the shopping cart, and when he set him down, apparently he fell through the bars and on the ground, because Max said, "Oh no, cow down Mom". Luckily he picked him up, we got the carrots and kept shopping.


He talks tough, but he had to have his Dad hold him near the big cows. He got braver the longer we were there and eventually even got close enough to pet a couple cows.

Side note....there were no pigs anywhere. Where they uninvited due to swine flu?
Checking out some goats.
Love that face!! She is a funny girl lately too. She wants to wear my headbands, necklaces and makeup...and throws a fit if you take any of that stuff off her! Then she walks around with a big, "I'm so pretty" smile on her face. So cute!

And what's the fair without cramming into a booth and spending $5 to get pictures taken! :) It was fun! Makes me miss my mission....cramming into booths to take pictures each transfer near the train station in Geneva. :)

8 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Adorable. I am still dying over Max's imaginary cow. That is the funniest thing ever. And I LOVE the family photo booth session. Sadie looks so confused and I love the last one with Max kissing her face. Ah! I miss you guys.

Megan Holdaway said...

P.S. Where are the pictures of Tyler?? :)

Melanie said...

Cute pictures. I love cramming in photo booths ... haven't done that in a while, since before the kids showed up. We need to do that again. How come there's no picture of you and Aaron kissing? Where's the love? Anyway, looks like a blast! Fun times.

Erin Gibbons said...

Cute pics in the booth! I can't believe it costs $5!

Becky said...

i know, fairs are so expensive and then a bit blah! i really love this imaginary cow bit.

Jennifer Karyn said...

haha cute pictures! your hair looks cute too! I also love how you cover aaron up in most of the pictures. haha.

Kathleen said...

So cute that Max's imaginary cow is small enough to fit in his hand but has an enormous appetite! I love that you appeased Max by buying the carrots his cow was so desperately craving! Sadie is quite the fashion lady, isn't she? 100% girl! Those screams and fits are pretty powerful. Admittedly, as long as giving Symphany what she wants isn't dangerous, I tend to bend with her whims. Though many could easily argue that my behavior is almost equally as harmful. I guess we just choose our battles...

Leah said...

Boy do I miss the Big Fresno Fair! I love the pictures from the photo booth!