Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year!! All the kids were out of school, so Sadie and I went to see High School Musical 3 with them, while Max stayed and played with Samuel. We had the traditional homemade chicken noodle soup...love it!! Thanks mom!! :) Then Max went trick or treating with Trayce to a few houses on my parents street. After 2 or 3 houses, he got on to the fact that people were giving him food, and then he was running as fast as his little legs would carry him to the next house, and calling back to me and waving good bye to me. It was cute. And Sadie just slept. :)
Our little candy corn.
Ninja Max
This sword Aaron picked out was HUGE!! It was taller than Max! Leave it to Dad to get Max a ginormous sword! ;)
His favorite new thing to do is jump of the fireplace, all though he chickens out half of the time.






And a plug for Proposition 8.....


I have to give a shout out to Desi, my wonderful missionary companion in Annemasse, who taught me to love pumpkin carving. I credit her for what Aaron calls my "one talent". :) Pumpkin carving. Now after a few years of carving, my brothers get really excited about what I will do this year. I have to admit, it wasn't my best one this year, but the most meaningful. We've been asked to give of our time and talents to help Prop 8 pass. Aaron and I were able to go out and do door hangings Saturday....many thanks to my mom for babysitting the kids so we could go. It was fun because it reminded me of being on my mission....cold, rainy, Saturday morning where everyone is in bed so no one is out on the streets to talk to...:) Ahh, the good 'ol days! Anyways, it was a way we were able to give of our time, and here is how I gave of my talents...
Like I said before, not my best, but it did look cool all lit up and many people commented on it!!! Don't forget, YES on 8 tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

max is so cute!!!
i love the pumpkin as well :D

Melanie said...

Very cute! I love the little candy corn. That is a cute baby costume. Fun times!

Desi said...

wow, I feel so honored that you mentioned me in your blog! You and your family are so beautiful! I'm glad you're doing this blog so I can keep up with you!

I remember the delicious homemade chicken noodle soup you made. I'm glad you're continuing that tradition!