Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Newest Addition to our Family

As I write this post, I am sitting watching Barney for the 4th time today...and we were gone most of the morning. What is worse than watching Barney 4 times in one day? The answer: Watching the SAME episode of Barney 4 times today. Max is in LOVE with Barney lately and it keeps his attention for 25 minutes straight, which has never happened before with anything else I have tried. So while on one hand it has been a life saver, it is also driving me nuts!!! I recorded several episodes on our DVR, but he only likes one of them...and the songs are in my head ALL the time now. Today I tried to turn on a new episode, and after a few minutes he handed me the remote and said "Baa". I caught on to what he meant and when I turned on his favorite episode his whole face lit up and he started dancing and smiling. So here I sit, on this election day, dying to watch the news coverage, fighting with Max over watching Barney. And you know who the winner in this house is.

4 comments:

MegANDustin said...

So funny! How good you are to sacrifice for him :)

Melanie said...

Welcome to Motherhood!

Leah said...

Oh no! Is this what I have coming for me?! :) Don't you just love those bright, early mornings when the kids are wide awake?

The Thomas Family said...

Oh yes... OOohhhhh yess!! We love Barney. WE love him.