Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beautiful Babies

My mom asked me to scan these baby photos of us kids at work today. They are so cute I had to post them all, especially for Megan who I know will love seeing them! I made the mistake of scanning them in the feeder, so they look a little distorted, but I thought I'd post them anyways while I rescan them the slower way. Enjoy!


Baby Tyler!! Still our baby! :) Still MY baby! I was almost 18 when he was born, and there was some scary moments during his birth. I prayed so hard when we were in the waiting room. After we got to see him in the nursery and stayed behind after the other kids left and cried so hard! He was born at a time when we needed him the most! He made us smile and still does!Baby McKay...I loved this little chunk! I was 15 when he was born and I still remember coming to visit him the first time in the hospital, seeing him and thinking, "He's HUGE!" And SOO cute! After Tyler was born, he would come get in bed with me a lot at nights and I loved cuddling with him! He had the best imagination too, and still does! He's growing up to be such a cool kid, and so fit (he works out every morning and night :)...no longer my little chunk!
Baby Matthew...the first boy and spoiled rotten...kidding..although to this day, his sisters like to call him the Golden Child! :) He deserves it though, he is great! I was 10 when he was born and BEGGED my mom to let me share a room with him. I won, and I LOVED getting him at night when he woke up and taking him to my mom. I wish I could do that now with my own kids! :) When I came home from my mission, he had changed and grown the most, and for the first couple days I was home I felt like Matthew was gone and my parents had a adopted a new kid in his place, he was so different, in a good way, just no longer a little boy like when I had left! I still love hanging out with him!
Baby Katie!! Mine and Megan's little doll...we loved to dress her up! When I think of Katie as a baby I think of watermelon's, because she loved them and had the cutest watermelon dress!! I can't even believe she's on a mission now! It's also crazy to be able to remember so much about her being a baby, and then having her help me so much with my babies...I am OLD! :) Love you Katie!! Oh, and for a mission update...she is LOVING it, she is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, serving in a branch of 20 active members. For those of you that know Katie, you know this is her dream come true!
Baby Megan....I can't even remember her not being around!! I've always adored her and felt very protective of her! When she wanted my toys at my birthday parties, I happily gave her one ( I know you love being reminded of that :) ). We did have some fights growing up, but not many..I only remember one, and so does she, when I threw hangers at her! Still feel bad about that!! I look up to her so much and glad she is still one of my best friends, and sister! Everyone looks forward to her visits, she makes us laugh and makes everything fun! She is a talker, and we love to tease her about it, but everyone misses it when she is gone! Especially ME!!!!
Baby Kristen....hands down the most beautiful baby of the bunch!! And I'm sure my mom would agree, the most easy going! Haha, just kidding! I always think Max and Sadie look most like Aaron, different versions though-Max, like a young Aaron from the photos I've seen, and Sadie like Aaron now...but looking at this I can see more of them in me. Lucky kids! :) Again, just kidding, I'm really not THIS full of myself!

4 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Oh my goodness these are adorable. I got a little misty-eyed. It is so fun to remember all of the younger ones being born. And it's even better to be adored by your older sister :)

Keep scanning more pictures! You don't have much else to do, right? ;)

Melanie said...

Those pictures are so cute and fun. Isn't it fun looking back on the good ol' days?! Haha. Those were some good times. It is crazy that we are getting old. I mean seriously ... we're adults. And not only that, we're parents. Every now and then it just strikes me so oddly. Life's amazing!

Jennifer Karyn said...

SO fuN! Yes your kids do resemble you and they are so lucky :)

Kathleen said...

All those babies are so beautiful! And maybe you were joking around about your own baby photo being the best, but I think anyone would have a hard time arguing with the fact that you had and probably still have the prettiest eyelashes!