Sunday, January 3, 2010

Katie's Farewell and MTC arrival!

It's bit late...but Katie, now known as Sister McLelland, reported to the MTC on December 9th! She was there for 3 weeks, and then left for Knoxville, Tennesse on December 29th. I was able to fly back with her to Utah to take her to the MTC, or, under the new MTC rules, to drop her off at the curb of the MTC. :) It was fun though!! We stayed with Jennifer and Jeffrey and had a great time shopping, and I LOVED eating all of Jennifer's pumpkin muffins and cookies! She was a great hostess and it was so fun to see her cute apartment and hang out for a couple days! Thanks again Jennifer and Jeffrey for letting us stay!

Leaving Jenn's apartment on our way to the MTC.

The MTC. Did I mention it was FREEZING the two days I was there? One day it was -6 with the wind chill according to the weather channel. It was SOOOOOO cold!!
Katie at the curb .
Jenn and Katie. You're not really supposed to take pictures, to keep it quick, but I had to get some!

Sister McLelland walking into the MTC. I didn't even have time to get emotional, it was all so quick! She is so happy and has loved every minute so far!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

i'm so glad you got to come stay at my place and i got to see you both for a few days!!

Erin Gibbons said...

So I checked your blog and there weren't any updates but by the time I got to Melodie's I saw that you had posted! I totally drove through Knoxville last Monday! It seemed like a nice place. (The one intersection I saw from the gas station!) I spent Christmas in Memphis, and totally thought Knoxville looked nice driving through. Hope all is well for you guys! Happy New Year!

Kathleen said...

Glad Katie's enjoying her mission! What are the odds that the day she reported would be one of the coldest days in Provo?! Bet it felt nice to get back to Cali and the warmer air there!

Megan Holdaway said...

How fun to FINALLY see pictures :)

Leah said...

I'm so excited for her! I'm glad you were able to see her off!