Monday, February 9, 2009

The Day I Destroyed Max's Beautiful Head of Hair



I know the title of my post has lured you in...but you'll have to see a couple other photos before I get to the big story.

For starters, it's a little late coming, but none the less we must chronicle a very happy day in the Keough household...the day the Steeler's won the Super Bowl!!
We watched the Super Bowl with our friends Nicole and Eric and their son Trayce who is Max's buddy, and partner in crime.
So Miss Sadie is not taking to solid foods or bottles, but I force them on her still. She is getting better with foods...but her favorite thing to do is spit, even when she eats. It is SUCH a mess feeding her!
And when I'm preoccupied with her at dinner and Aaron is out of town, this is what Max ends up looking like after he eats because I have to let him feed himself. Both go directly into the bath!
Max finally likes being in a play pin.
I had to take it down because my idea of giving her a safe space away from Max was counter productive. With a play pin up they both ended up together in a smaller space where Max could cause maximum damage. This is his "I really want to sit on Sadie but know I shouldn't" look.
Those eyes are going to give her Daddy grief one day I think. So beautiful!
Always a finger in the mouth!
Gotta love the California sunsets, although a photo never does them justice.



So...Saturday morning I was cutting Max and Aaron's hair. Aaron's is pretty easy and I usually do a good job. I've only done Max's one other time, and it was pretty good and I was sure I would get even better with practice. But there will NEVER be a practice session again...because this time my hand slipped and, well, although we tried it was unrepairable. Aaron finally said, "I think we need to just buzz it all to fix it". I had tears in my eyes and handed him the clippers because I couldn't bear doing it. I have always loved how much hair Max has and the cute little part in it. Now we have the following...





Still cute though!! He looks older now. Aaron calls him is little monk now. If this cut doesn't make the two of them look more alike...:) Here they are playing Wii.

So at first I made him wear a hat all the time (this hat and his Morehead hat are his favorites). It's starting to grow on me though. I'm even contemplating letting it grow but keeping it buzzed longer...who knows. This for sure is a little too short. Sometimes he looks bald. I think it was just quite a shock to me because never in his life has he had hair so short. He was born with so much hair. Luckily it will have grown out by his 2nd birthday in April for his pictures! :) He's still so cute though. We went to the park today with all the cousins and family and he gets right in there playing football with the older boys and even tackles them to the ground sometimes!

10 comments:

Amanda and McKay said...

He does look so much older! I think it's cute.

And hey, would have been much worse if it were Sadie, right? :)

Kathleen said...

Yes, you defintely lured us in with that post title! I can visualize those tears in your eyes as you had to let Aaron finish the job. But you're right, Max still looks CUTE! And Sadie's eyes are gorgeous. Aren't they just like yours (shapewise, eyelashwise) but only a little darker?

Megan Holdaway said...

He is still such a cute little man! Seriously adorable. I cannot believe that he's growing up.

And Sadie! She gets cuter everyday. I love the picture in her brown towel! You should frame it and put next to that adorable picture of Max with the towel. So precious!

Megan Holdaway said...

P.S. I love the pictures of them in the playpen together!

Jennifer Karyn said...

I love all the pictures! so cute. Max looks so much older. But so cute too and that Sadie is so beautiful

Melanie said...

Cute pics, Sadie is beautiful, and yes, the buzz will grow on you, personal experience proves this.

Kate said...

I think his haircut is great! I've always loved buzzes on little boys.

Leah said...

I know it's hard when there's a mess-up with a haircut. But it's not so bad after all. He's adorable with his new 'style'. =)

Little Sadie is absolutely adorable! I think she has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen!

The Proctor Group said...

That is really funny! We just buzzed Paul's hair because he wouldn't stop moving during his trim. Max looks really cute with a buzz.

runnin.whitehorse said...

Like Father, like Son!! Maybe, you can just call him Butch? They are sure growing ...