Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tour of California!!

Today was a fun day in the small city of Clovis!! The Tour of California bike race finished a leg in Old Town Clovis. It was such a beautiful day that about 2 hours before it was supposed to come through Old Town, I decided to take the kids down. I went with my sister Katie, brother Tyler and my parents. It's kind of a funny story about how we got there, but not worth typing out. Let's just say A LOT of face paced walking was involved when it didn't need to be that way. Oh well!! I got my exercise in for the day! First it went through Clovis Avenue, and then turned into the town and swerved through some streets. We watched it on Clovis and then ran with about 100 people it felt like to a street just 2 streets behind were we were to see them pass again. It was pretty crazy! I was running with Sadie, in my little slip on boots with a small heel, just laughing. Max was in heaven though! We saw bikes, motorcycles, helicopters, police cars, dogs horses, you name it!! He was doing his NASCAR yell when the bikes went by. We literally stood right on the curb and they passed about 2 feet infront of us. Insane how they can go that fast all together. It was really exciting to see! And I know we saw Lance Armstrong in there somewhere, I just couldn't tell you who he was!!

Sadie had the most comfortable seat in the crowd!
I kept Max happy for the 45 minutes before they passed with lot's of snacks and drawing.
Katie and Tyler!! Tyler was so excited and giddy waiting for them.
Me and the kids. Please don't judge...I am still working on loosing my weight from these two kids. It doesn't fall off fast...although eating candy everyday doesn't help! :)

Max waiting for the bikes to pass. he kept running out in the street so then I had to put him in the stroller. As you can see he loves to wear his uncles gloves. The race.

Later on when we got home two police on horseback came riding through our apartment complex. That's when you know you live in Clovis!! :) Max was outside throwing rocks when they came by and the waved to him and he thought it was pretty cool!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like you had fun. I wish I could have been there to see it too!

Melanie said...

That's so awesome. How fun!!

Megan Holdaway said...

So fun! I couldn't quite tell what you were talking about in your message about the Tour of California, but now it's all clear. I wish I could have been out enjoying it with you all. The part about Tyler being giddy is so sweet. I love that kid. And the picture of him and Katie is really cute. Max and Sadie are as cute as ever. Oh, and p.s., you look amazing. Stop it.

Jennifer Karyn said...

How fun! i wanted to see them when they were in Sacramento. Your kids are way too cute, and i don't know what you're talking about, you look great and your hair is beautiful!

runnin.whitehorse said...

I hope it's not a sin to envy my Grandson (and Granddaughter) as they enjoy the life of California kids!! :) Always playing, always new things to do ... (and their Mom who must never get a chance to rest)!!