Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm sick of thinking of titles...it's just more pictures.

I made this dessert for Tami's Shower/Luncheon yesterday, and had to post it because I am really happy how it turned out and it is too easy to make!! It is mini cheescakes. You bake them in muffin tins and use a vanilla wafer as the crust. I think it took 5 minutes to put together, 15 minutes to bake, and then you just let it chill over night. We put raspberry jam on top and chocolate sauce. It was really good!! If anyone is giving a shower or needs an easy, pretty, tasty dessert, I highly recommend this one!! Side note, the china is my great grandmother's china. Kind of cool. And now we just wait a few more days for little William to come!! We're all so excited!
This was funny because the other night Aaron and I were just sitting at our computers and Max walks out with his helmet on and his little computer and sits next to us and starts typing on his computer. He was very serious too. Apparently he had some important work to get done.
I can't get enough of this chubby girl!! She loves to sit in her towel after a bath. This is the best towel ever also!! Thanks to Brooke! :)
And yes, Max loves to be in a towel too! He loves it when Aaron tucks it in around his waist. This photo caught him in the middle of a little dance.
Is it sad that this closet is my "happy place"? :) A few weeks ago, Tami had Max for the day and so I took the time to completely reorganize my hall closet and do my favorite thing....put things in bins and label them!! It's sick/sad, but sometimes I just walk by this closet and open the door and admire the order found within. Maybe it's because I live with this person below....
He is constantly reorganizing everything!!!!! Little story, yesterday at the luncheon at my mom's, Samuel and Max had come back from going to Taco Bell with Aaron and started to play in the toy room my mom has. I kept having this feeling that I should go check on them, but then thought, no, they are finally playing quietly, I don't want to stop that. Then, Samuel walks into the house!! That's right, walks in from the outside, when he's supposed to be in the room with Max...and that's when I sprinted outside!!! The window had been opened a crack( by me earlier and I forgot to close it, not thinking), and they pushed it open more, and then pushed out the screen and climbed out the window into the front yard. Max was running as fast as he could and when I caught up to him, he was already rounding the corner, on his way to a very busy and fast street behing my parent's house. Yesterday he was trying to climb our fence too and made it half way up...why is this kid always trying to escape!! Are the accommadations so bad? I mean, he pretty much lives like a king here!! And Aunt Megan, I hope this didn't cause you to have a heart attack! :)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Kristen, I'm sorry. Fun pictures though.

The Thomas Family said...

Oh,I love labeling and organizing too! I love that pic of Max in the towel- classic!

Megan Holdaway said...

I'm so glad I wasn't there when you discovered Max was outside. I'm panicking just thinking about it. Let's just hope he never successfully escapes!

I'm so happy about the frequency of your posts. I LOVE to see pictures of Max and Sadie and to hear your funny stories.

runnin.whitehorse said...

I thought I might think of a title for ya, believe it or not, I'm stumped too! Good stories, though, and another desert we can't eat! :) How about a request, bigger pictures, I wanna really see my Grandson and Granddaughter; yeah, the cooka pie, jr. that's always got a finger in her mouth and "Butch" that handsome boy who probably wonders why he's always photographed!! Great posts, soeur!!

AngelaBeth said...

My grandma just discovered and made those cute little cheesecakes with an oreo on the bottom! Just thought I'd give you the idea. lol
And that pic of Max with the computers is histerical! What a crazy cute kid!

Jennifer Karyn said...

I love this post, so cute!